AGM Notice and Agenda
Notice of the Annual General Meeting of the Irish Visual Artists Rights Organisation Ltd.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING of the IRISH VISUAL ARTISTS RIGHTS ORGANISATION will be held in Windmill View House, Oliver Bond Street, Dublin 8 on Thursday 5th of January 2017 at 5.30pm for the purposes of transacting the following business:-
- To adopt the minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on November 17th 2015.
- To receive and consider the Directors’ and Auditors Reports, and Financial Statements for the year ended 31st December 2015.
- To appoint the Auditors and to authorise the Board to fix their remuneration.
To consider and, if thought fit, pass the following Special Resolutions:
- That the name of the organisation be changed from Irish Visual Artists Rights Organisation Ltd to Irish Visual Artists Rights Organisation Limited By Guarantee.
- To adopt, in place of the existing Memorandum & Articles of Association of the company, a new constitution in the form furnished with the notice convening the meeting.
- To transact any other business which may be transacted at an Annual General Meeting.
Date this 15th of December 2016.
By Order of the Board
A member entitled to attend and vote is entitled to appoint a proxy to attend, speak and vote in his stead. A Proxy need not be a Member of the company.
Below are links to the current Memorandum and Articles of Association, the new Constitution and the Proxy form.
The Companies Act 2014 made a number of changes to Company law which impact on the form of the constitutional documents of all companies. Where existing companies limited by guarantee, such as IVARO, are concerned, the Act requires that the company change its name to substitute for the existing suffix “Limited” or “Ltd” the new suffix “Company Limited by Guarantee” or “CLG”.
One of the other governance changes dictated by the Companies Act is to convert existing Memorandum and Articles of Association into a Constitution compliant with the Act. The constitution put forward for adoption by the membership of IVARO accord with the form set out in the Act. We have made the existing Memorandum of Association and the new-form Constitution available on the website below to allow members to compare the documents in advance of the AGM.